At Therapy Nurture
Occupational therapy (OT) is a branch of health care that helps people of all ages who have physical, sensory, or cognitive problems. OT can help them regain independence in all areas of their lives.
Occupational therapists help with barriers that affect a person’s emotional, social, and physical needs. To do this, they use everyday activities, exercises, and other therapies.
OT helps kids play, improves their school performance, and aids their daily activities. It also boosts their self-esteem and sense of accomplishment. With OT, kids can:
- Develop fine motor skills so they can grasp and release toys and develop good handwriting or computer skills.
- Improve eye–hand coordination so they can play and do needed school skills such as bat a ball and copy from a blackboard.
- Master basic life skills such as bathing, getting dressed, brushing teeth, and self-feeding.
- Learn positive behaviors and social skills by practicing how they manage frustration and anger.
Speech services begin with initial screening for communication and swallowing disorders and continue with assessment and diagnosis, counseling and other follow up services for these disorders.
If you doubt your child has difficulty using words, speaking in sentences, making friends, having trouble reading or writing, or exhibits pronunciation difficulties, please let our therapists help you set your mind at ease and determine the best options for your little one.
At Therapy Nurture we welcome parents to involve in their child’s therapy every step of the way. Our therapists provide customized home programs and counseling to parents to augment in-center therapy.
- Cognitive aspects of communication (e.g., attention, memory, problem solving, executive functions).
- Speech (i.e., phonation, articulation, fluency, resonance, and voice.
- Language including comprehension and expression in oral, written, graphic, and manual modalities; language processing; preliteracy and language-based literacy skills, phonological awareness.
- Swallowing or other upper aero digestive functions such as infant feeding and
- Voice (i.e. hoarseness (dysphonia), poor vocal volume (hypophonia), abnormal (e.g. rough, breathy, strained) vocal quality).
Our physiotherapist assesses gross motor abilities of the child using systematic assessments, plans out remedial exercises and administers therapy to improve functional abilities of the child. Therapist works closely with all those involved in the developmental process of the child including families, teachers, doctors and other health professionals for achieving desired outcome.
Our therapists devise a treatment plan that is geared towards a holistic development of your child
Depending upon your child’s age and condition, our therapist focuses on developing various age-appropriate developmental or functional skills to improving functional independence. Movement difficulties in children may be present from birth, acquired due to accident/ injury or as a result of ageing or life changing events. Physiotherapy uses different exercises, special positions, manual therapies, casts, splints, braces etc. to help improve individual’s skills related to movements and reduce pain and stiffness in the problem areas.
PHYSIOTHERAPY MAY BE BENEFICIAL FOR THE FOLLOWING CONDITIONS
- Cerebral palsy
- Developmental delay – motor or global
- Congenital syndromes
- Genetic conditions
- Erb’s palsy
- Spina bifida
- Neck stiffness
- Neuromuscular problems
- Postural abnormalities
- Muscular dystrophy
- Traumatic brain injury
- Respiratory problems like asthma, cystic fibrosis
- Any pre or post-surgical orthopaedic conditions
- Any movement problems from illness, injury or accident
Therapy Nurture‘s Special Education Center aims at developing your child’s potential to its fullest. Our special educator identifies your child’s preferred learning style and plans on a learning program and teaching methodology that best suits his/her abilities and interests. Our program opens up channels and changes the learning experience of your child.
Our special educators provide individualized education program to attend to the academic, cognitive, motor, social and emotional needs of children above 3 years. Individual and/or group programs are planned keeping in mind your child’s level.
Our services include:
- Special Education for kids with Autism
- Special Education for kids with Intellectual Disabilities
- Special Education for children with Down’s Syndrome
- Special Education for kids with Learning Disability
- Special Education for kids with emotional, behavioural disturbances
- Special Education for children with ADHD
- Special Education for kids with developmental delay
- Special Education for slow learners
Sensory integration therapy is used to help children learn to use all their senses together – that is, touch, smell, taste, sight and hearing. It’s claimed that this therapy can improve challenging behaviour or repetitive behaviour. These behaviours can be related to difficulties with processing sensory information.
The well-trained Occupational Therapist or OT provides Sensory Integration (SI) Treatment. The Occupational Therapist assesses if your kid will benefit from Sensory Integration treatment through a thorough assessment. The OT exposes a kid to sensory stimulation through repeated tasks in traditional SI treatment. The concept is that your child’s nervous system will respond to sensations and movement via repetition in a more “organized” fashion.
At Communicate Therapy Services, we are dedicated to working with children with speech sound and fluency disorders, receptive and expressive language delays and disorders, ASD, and AAC needs. Our speech therapists take a family-centered and play-based approach and individualize each session to the client’s abilities, preferences, and goals.
Families are always encouraged to be an active part of our speech therapy sessions so they can learn the strategies we are teaching. When appropriate, parents will also be provided with home-practice programs. Whether in-person or via teletherapy, every speech therapy session will keep your child engaged in the learning process while having fun!
Behavior modification is defined as “the alteration of behavioral patterns through the use of such learning techniques as biofeedback and positive or negative reinforcement.” More simply, you can modify your child’s behavior with positive consequences and negative consequences. Behavior modification is based on the idea that good behavior should lead to positive consequences and bad behavior should lead to negative consequences.
This approach is often used to discipline kids with ADHD, autism, or oppositional defiant disorder. However, it can be effective for all kids.
Behavior modification involves positive punishment, negative punishment, positive reinforcement, and negative reinforcement. Behaviour therapy is a broad term for different therapies that help change challenging behaviours in an individual. Our behaviour therapy services include:
- ABA Therapy
- Social Skill Training
- Parent Training
- Family Therapy
- Cognitive Behaviour Therapy
Child counseling is a type of therapy that focuses on young children, teens, and adolescents with one or more mental illnesses. It also provides aid to youths, who have experienced trauma, and/or who are experiencing a dysfunctional or stressful home environment.
Many of the issues these children face mimic the issues adults face in their day-to-day lives. Some of these common issues include anxiety, depression, and grief. The goal of child counseling, however, is to break down problems into manageable parts, so children can better understand and cope with them.
Well, Therapy Nurture treat a variety of issues. For instance, we treat children who have experienced trauma or upsetting events like the loss of a parent, pet, loved one, siblings, home, etc. And, they also treat children, who have witnessed or experienced abuse and/or intimidation.
Basically, we treat any issues that cause children social or emotional distress and/or any mental health condition that is affecting a child’s life. Our goal is to help your child identify and cope with any issue or issues they are experiencing in a healthy way.
Parental counseling is a service that aims at providing the required tools, guidance, knowledge and support to parents without them having to worry about being judged, in an unbiased, healthy manner. Through parental counseling, parents become more equipped to take care of their family, especially their children
At Therapy Nurture, we do not focus on helping you ‘change’ you or your children. Instead, we try and understand what has worked for you so far and how to use that as your strength to move forward.
Although becoming a parent is rewarding, it is also challenging. The responsibilities that parents must fulfill are huge. They are required to:
- Raise good children who can contribute to the society
- Provide a home that is loving, supportive, and caring
- Meet all the needs of their children such as a home, education, food, healthcare, and education
- Take care of their respective spouses
- Support the community they are in to create a safe and productive place for their families
- Give their families a comfortable life
- They need to do all these while they also try to meet their own needs and cope with their personal struggles.